Monday, July 16, 2007

Ok - So I Lied

In a moment of caffeine-induced delirium, I made a major blunder in the story on the new hotel going into 208 S. LaSalle, which is not, as the media person at Bank of America has rather testily (understandably) brought to my attention, their headquarters at 231 S. LaSalle - which is the site of the former Grand Pacific - but another, rather lesser building with which Lucien Lagrange can work his will with no great damage. The great banking hall of the former Continental remains in all its current glory for the private banking and commercial account elite of the Bank of America's customers.

My abject apologies to all for completely wasting your time, and leading you down a path of gross deception. (Did I tell you about the WMD's I found?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, but I'd love to see a picture of them...

Anonymous said...

I thought something was strange about that post. For one, I could have sworn Continental was at 231 S. LaSalle, not 208, and that old Grand Pacific postcard you posted had Clark & Jackson as an address, which couldn't possibly have been in reference to 208 which is on the non-Clark side of LaSalle.

208 may be a "lesser" building, but at least Jonathan Fine thinks it's "the cream of the crop with regards to Chicago architecture." (Unless he was also thinking of 231?) Oh well, anything that keeps a venerable LaSalle St. building from going the way of the Chicago Stock Exchange or Otis Elevator buildings is just fine with me...